View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Banker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Scans and other Stuff   Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:18 pm

Bubbagump wrote:
Hey,

I just wanted to pop in and thank you guys for the awesome job you've done in translating and posting these issues. I've really gotten a lot of enjoyment out of reading them! I'm up to #13 of PKNA so far and have been loving every minute of it. I'd never heard of the series before but somehow stumbled onto the blog. I'm now a converted PKer and wish Disney would show a little more love to the Duck Avenger. I could totally see this as an awesome animated TV show like Disney used to produce! It's just so epic at times. So thanks again! You guys rock! cheers

Well, nice to see the fanbase getting bigger.

Yes, Disney does need to show more love for it. Animated series... eh, as awesome as that would be, that's never going to happen. There will probably never even be an official English translation.

And thank you for reading Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/LordofCorruption?feature=mhee
Krozam

PostSubject: Re: Scans and other Stuff   Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:32 am

An animated series of PK, eh... No thanks, Disney would just take away all the epicness and depth by making it more child-friendly. Now, if you give it to the Japanese, they might do it right, but there's little hope of that, Disney has never been very popular there...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyla

PostSubject: Re: Scans and other Stuff   Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:11 pm

Krozam wrote:
An animated series of PK, eh... No thanks, Disney would just take away all the epicness and depth by making it more child-friendly. Now, if you give it to the Japanese, they might do it right, but there's little hope of that, Disney has never been very popular there...
NAH. Don't even name Japan!
Everytime they have to make an anime out of a manga, it always comes out super different and most of the time also awful if compared to the original comic.
And anyway, I think it's kinda impossible to not make child-friendly stuff out of a Disney comic... not to mention the big-money thing. And also, if you ask me, animation here in Italy FRIGGIN' SUCKS. Every recent cartoon is animated in flash, AWFULLY. ._.
I think I'd vomit in front of a PKNA issue animated like that >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulZZGyeRPB0

Sorry, lol, I could post only this because it's the only name I remember of italian flash-animated cartoon. This isn't even the worst example anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Scans and other Stuff   Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:39 am

Actually looking at something like Death Note or Grave of the Fireflies, I think the Japanese might well be the best choice for making a series out of PKNA without dumbing it down. Of course, it would be difficult to convince the Anime-artist to not change the look of the series too much, but still, I'd happily see a TV series based on the PKNA comics (preferrably in the same style but with different stories, the stories of PKNA I can read already, thanks to Banker), I always wanted one ever since I know Darkwing Duck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gaming-universe.de
Banker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Scans and other Stuff   Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:44 pm

I dun like the Japanese and their stiff and motionless animation.

With exceptions...
Back to top Go down
Mr Blotling

PostSubject: Re: Scans and other Stuff   Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:12 pm

Many Duck Tales episodes (and possibly other older Disney toons, and lots of other American cartoons of old too) were animated in Japan, so there is surely precedence that they can do ducks quite well.

Now, if a PKNA animated series were to be made in its entirety in Japan, then I'm not sure I'd be as interested. Also, they'd probably just outsource the animation part to South Korea, since that's what more or less everyone do anyways these days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Scans and other Stuff   Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:00 pm

Of course I didn't mean that the stories should be made in Japan, they should be by the original PKNA team.
Back to top Go down
Krozam

PostSubject: Re: Scans and other Stuff   Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:19 am

Eh, there are many examples of anime that stay faithful to the original material. Sometimes they even improve. The World God Only Knows and Zetsuen no Tempest come to mind. (Well, actually, I've only seen ZnT up to ep 8, but so far it's been even more amazing than the original manga.)

If the scripts were written by the original authors, then I wouldn't really care where they're animated. But if the scriptwriters were different, then I'd want them to be Japanese.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Asparagus32

PostSubject: Re: Scans and other Stuff   Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:46 pm

Hey guys!

I renewed the links in the first post. Mediafire suddenly lowered their filespace from 50 to 10Gb so I exceeded the limit and had a lot of stuff removed (including the scans). Three days later they once again raised their filespace to 50Gb but I still had to re-upload everything, for this reason the links didn't work in the last few days. I added some new scans I made some time ago.

I also wanted to apologize for discontinuing the bonus stories. I had some kind of burnout which caused me to stop doing my translations for several months, though I know this isn't a good apology for disappearing without any notice... Thanks a lot, Banker, for taking care the missing stories.

Bonus stories translated into English: #13, 14, 15, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 29, 30
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Banker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Scans and other Stuff   Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:09 am

Holy fuck you're not dead.
Back to top Go down
Lyla

PostSubject: Re: Scans and other Stuff   Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:36 am

Asparagus32 wrote:
Hey guys!

I renewed the links in the first post. Mediafire suddenly lowered their filespace from 50 to 10Gb so I exceeded the limit and had a lot of stuff removed (including the scans). Three days later they once again raised their filespace to 50Gb but I still had to re-upload everything, for this reason the links didn't work in the last few days. I added some new scans I made some time ago.
Are they fucking stupid. D:
Welcome back anyway!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Scans and other Stuff   Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:34 am

Welcome back Smile. Thanks to the Comixology "leaks" there even is some new stuff worth discussing Smile.
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Scans and other Stuff   Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:50 pm

... and only now do I notice that you added some new scans here.

Nice work!
Back to top Go down
Julo12

PostSubject: Discovery of the Year   Wed May 08, 2013 6:23 pm

Hey guys! I just discovered this website and you guys rock! Very Happy When I was young, I read Dutch PNKA-translations all the time, and it was my favorite part of the Donald Duck-universe. Sadly, here in Holland, we only had a few publications of the stories, and they were eventually cancelled Sad I was so sad when I heard this, and today, nearly 5 years later, I discovered this website! You totally made my day, my week and probably even my year Very Happy In Holland, they were only translated as far as issue 10, and they skipped a few as well, but if I can help you guys in ANY way, I am willing to help. For now, I'll be reading the rest of the issues in the coming weeks!

PS. You probably already know, but this website: (sorry, can't link yet, you need to search for pkhack altervista, visit this website and click on Disney's MM somewhere in the middle of the page): it has all Mystery Magazine Scans, only translation is needed. Do you guys still translate? I would love to read them!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr Blotling

PostSubject: Re: Scans and other Stuff   Thu May 09, 2013 8:53 pm

There've been some people taking up on MMMM but haven't delivered for various reasons (not that I'm blaming anyone or so, I'm hardly that dependable myself when it comes to it). Part of the problem also stems from the fact that MMMM never really haven't seen much non-Italian releases and since most of the translating work that's been done by various people here have been done by people who don't speak any Italian (probably with the notable exception of Banker, since he seems to more or less have learned it from translating) we need to use both the Italian original and one translation that we can understand (this really helps a lot when understanding the script while still trying to avoid things getting lost in translation and thus still keeping it quite close to the original intended texts). At least, that's how I do it.

But otherwise there isn't much activity going on these days. Mostly everyone eagerly looking forward to the new PKNA comics that's recently been announced. So that's something to be on the lookout for. I've also heard some rumblings about Banker having some other stories in the pipe, and if I ever get my thumb out of my lazy-ass ass I also might have some old-school stuff coming about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
savagedeacon

PostSubject: Re: Scans and other Stuff   Sun May 04, 2014 11:17 am

I don't know if this was posted somewhere but from the series Universo PK ..uncle Scrooge vs an evronian
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scans and other Stuff   Today at 1:37 pm

Back to top Go down

Scans and other Stuff
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5