BETA

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

#34 - Nothing Personal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
YK

PostSubject: #34 - Nothing Personal   Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:36 pm

I can't believe there hasn't been a topic for this yet! Anyway.

This issue was absolutely brilliant! A lot of good quips , had interesting developements all around and really added to issue #33. I loved how in the end,
Spoiler:

I like Trip even more now; this issue is proof that he's a good kid. It also makes me look forward to even more interactions between the Avenger and Raider (not that I haven't been looking forward to those already)

Thanks a bunch!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Banker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: #34 - Nothing Personal   Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:49 pm

Definitely one of my favorite issues.

I just like the whole idea of Donald being an outcast having to hide from society, Trip being hunted down by his future evil self, and it just goes to show how drastically someone can change.

My favorite part being when Donald confronted Griffon on why he didn't use his time powers to save Raider.

And Newton appearing!

Though I do kinda wish that we had stayed in this timeline for a little while longer. There seemed to be stuff that could have been used more, like the droid version of Two, Deugemo, ruling over the Organization with Odin Eidolon, now having replaced the time police. Now that's something I'd like to have seen Donald fight against...

But overall, amazing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/LordofCorruption?feature=mhee
Asparagus32

PostSubject: Re: #34 - Nothing Personal   Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:25 pm

A great story, especially together with #33. I always loved these alternate timeline/endtime scenarios. I liked the idea of One and Two taking over the Organization, even though I found it a bit strange that the abduction of One into the future and giving him a robot body would result in seemingly the same Odin Eidolon.

I have to agree with you, Banker. This alternate timeline could have been used more, it had a lot of possibilities.

Also I don't think Angus would have been a worse president than Bush Very Happy

Bonus stories translated into English: #13, 14, 15, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 29, 30
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Banker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: #34 - Nothing Personal   Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:34 pm

Angus becoming president is still more believable than Palpatine becoming emperor.
Back to top Go down
Maximillion_Pegasus

PostSubject: Re: #34 - Nothing Personal   Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:31 pm

Asparagus32 wrote:

I have to agree with you, Banker. This alternate timeline could have been used more, it had a lot of possibilities.

This.

One of my favourite issues ever. And the first I've ever read, too. I was quite young at the time and couldn't follow very well the plot. But it was enough to leave a trace on me.

Above all Donald's reaction to his fifteen-years exile. And the idea that his relatives had to leave Duckburg in shame (I always like when authors remember that Donald has a family and that his actions may have consequences on their lives).

Pity that the drawings do not match the fantastic plot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Banker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: #34 - Nothing Personal   Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:42 pm

For me, third I ever read.

As for the drawings, they do actually make Donald look kinda older... the eyes. Maybe that's just me...
Back to top Go down
Maximillion_Pegasus

PostSubject: Re: #34 - Nothing Personal   Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:37 pm

Absolutely not! He's got wrinkles.

The thing I appreciated most in the drawings is the way the drawer makes characters to seem older. The wrinkles on Donald, the chip on Angus' bill and stuff like these.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krozam

PostSubject: Re: #34 - Nothing Personal   Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:41 pm

Finally got around to reading this. A very interesting story, though it would have had more of an impact if they hadn't already used alternative reality as a central element once before, in the droid rebellion story. Still, two great issues with some delicious dark elements. It's almost a shame all of it never happened - or, as was already said, they didn't write a few more issues on this timeline.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: #34 - Nothing Personal   Today at 1:39 pm

Back to top Go down

#34 - Nothing Personal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1