BETA

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The End of the Series

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Krozam

PostSubject: The End of the Series   Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:03 am

Okay, so I've just read the last three issues of the series, and I wanted to share some thoughts.

#47 is nothing special, I don't really have anything to say about it. However, the two last issues were a bit of a "WTF?"-experience to me. First of all, either #48 takes place before #43, or #43 is completely ignored in it, or the disturbances or whatever have passed and time travel is possible again. Otherwise, it was an interesting issue.

As for the last issue, that one was even more confusing. I guess the red light (and the "grave threat") will be explained in the second series? Other than that, would somebody mind telling me what the hell happened at the end? Everett saved some of the pages and used them to change the past - why? I was under the imprssion that none of the changed timelines were to his liking. What does he mean "now the droid is saved"? From what? As far as I can see, Lyla was fine in the original timeline. The whole issue is so confusing, I really hope the second series will be translated and bring some clarity to the events of this issue.

Thoughts? Theories? Explanations?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Banker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The End of the Series   Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:05 pm

#47 should also have gotten a WTF reaction, as time travel's possible in that one.

Well, I won't be able answer any of that until I've gotten to read the series myself. Have only read one random issue, had nothing to do with that stuff except foreshadowing.
Though I do know that Everett appears much more in PK2 than PKNA, and kinda gotten the truth about him spoiled to me...

Anyways, much changes. Old characters gone forever, a bunch of new ones enter, things will certainly be different. 'Til then...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/LordofCorruption?feature=mhee
Krozam

PostSubject: Re: The End of the Series   Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:04 am

Banker wrote:
#47 should also have gotten a WTF reaction, as time travel's possible in that one.
Yes, I noticed, but I figured that since the machine was alien, it probably used different kind of technology, which could ignore whatever prevents the 23rd century Earth time travel technology from working.

Besides, the whole time travel block might not have anything to do with the present time, but affect only a certain range of time in the 23rd century. Otherwise the whole block makes no sense, since if it affected all time, time travel wouldn't have been possible in the first place. Following that theory, the Lyla in #48 might be a Lyla from a later time in the 23rd, or even 24th century, and Two's time travelling wouldn't have been blocked because he only travels between the late 22nd century and the past (and his new body could also have originated from a later time in the 23rd-24th century).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suyope

PostSubject: Re: The End of the Series   Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:34 pm

Well... Where can I get started...

The number 47 is considered the worst episode of PKNA by the italian PKers, because the plot wasn't appropriate for a comic like PKNA, but it suited perfectly the more childish stories written on the Topolino magazine.

About the Time travel thing... that was an editor's choice fault.
They needed an ending for the series, so they decided that the issues "Before Dawn" and "The Parts and the Whole " would had the perfect plot to end the series.
But these stories were written before the issue "Time to time".

So the events narrated in the numbers 47 and 48 are happened before the number 43.

About the number 49/50... This is a issue that only serves to introduce the PK2 events.
In the story Everett saves only a page... the page where Lyla gives to PK a cronothing which allows the 5Y android model to survive in the PK's timeline.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Banker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The End of the Series   Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:13 pm

"Before Dawn" having the perfect plot to end the series... that issue was about nothing.

In any case, if all that was supposed to happen before "Time to Time" (This translation of the title is totally incorrect, by the way)...

Is time travel still impossible in PK2 and does the chronothingamajig allow Lyla to exist in the 21th century in that series? Cause I know she's in it...

Eh?
Back to top Go down
Suyope

PostSubject: Re: The End of the Series   Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:10 am

Banker wrote:
"Before Dawn" having the perfect plot to end the series... that issue was about nothing.

That was an "auto-conclusive" story, and it's also horrible, but I think that is a sort of "ending" for the Fangus-Camera 9 storyline (Angus promises to himself to be more malicious in the future and Camera 9 tells his desire to do a documentary about the hidden and darkest side of Duckburg).

Banker wrote:

In any case, if all that was supposed to happen before "Time to Time" (This translation of the title is totally incorrect, by the way)...

Is time travel still impossible in PK2 and does the chronothingamajig allow Lyla to exist in the 21th century in that series? Cause I know she's in it...

Eh?

In the issue 43 Lyla says that she need the energy coming from Time zero to survive.
That energy was provided by that cronothing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Banker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The End of the Series   Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:49 am

Suyope wrote:
In the issue 43 Lyla says that she need the energy coming from Time zero to survive.

So then they never would have needed to travel into the future...

But wouldn't Lyla be sent back to her own century like Donald was? Or does it just apply to biologicals?

Well anyways, I guess I get it then. #47 and #48 takes place before #43, and what Everett Ducklair did allows Lyla to be around in PK2.
Back to top Go down
Suyope

PostSubject: Re: The End of the Series   Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:35 pm

Banker wrote:
Suyope wrote:

So then they never would have needed to travel into the future...

But wouldn't Lyla be sent back to her own century like Donald was? Or does it just apply to biologicals?

Well anyways, I guess I get it then. #47 and #48 takes place before #43, and what Everett Ducklair did allows Lyla to be around in PK2.

In the PK2 series, another 5y model meets Pk and Lyla.

I think the non-biological things aren't affected by the forced time travel rule.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krozam

PostSubject: Re: The End of the Series   Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:02 am

I don't think there's a "forced time travel rule" in the first place. Donald was returned to his own time because his latest transportation to the 23rd century in #43 was incomplete in the first place, or that's how Odin explains it in the Finnish translation of the issue.

So... What Everett did was transfer Lyla's energy source to the present time, thus making it unnecessary for Avenger and Lyla to travel to the 23rd century as they did in #43 - in other words, most of the events in #43 never happened. Lyla remains in the present time for PK2, but time travel is prevented from now on.

Or is it? According to my theory the time travel block only affects the 23rd century. Lyla's connection to the 23rd century is gone now, she should be able to operate on her own. Her time travel technology shouldn't be reliant on her link to the 23rd century anymore. She should still be able to travel in time anywhere else but the 23rd century. :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suyope

PostSubject: Re: The End of the Series   Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:44 pm

Krozam wrote:
I don't think there's a "forced time travel rule" in the first place. Donald was returned to his own time because his latest transportation to the 23rd century in #43 was incomplete in the first place, or that's how Odin explains it in the Finnish translation of the issue.

So... What Everett did was transfer Lyla's energy source to the present time, thus making it unnecessary for Avenger and Lyla to travel to the 23rd century as they did in #43 - in other words, most of the events in #43 never happened. Lyla remains in the present time for PK2, but time travel is prevented from now on.

Or is it? According to my theory the time travel block only affects the 23rd century. Lyla's connection to the 23rd century is gone now, she should be able to operate on her own. Her time travel technology shouldn't be reliant on her link to the 23rd century anymore. She should still be able to travel in time anywhere else but the 23rd century. :/

You are right, the time travel block probably affect only the 23rd century (I wrote probably, because in the issue 14 Pk travels in the future over the 23rd century block).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: The End of the Series   Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:07 am

I've read the end of the series now and while I found most stories interesting on their own, it's quite hard to make sense of it without the bonus information provided here. Also, the end to PKNA is mean, as it isn't really an end. Besides the trilogy there never was a cliffhanger in PKNA, now, in the last issue, there is a cliffhanger. Really strange Sad. So I just have to hope we'll get PK², too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gaming-universe.de
Suyope

PostSubject: Re: The End of the Series   Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:02 pm

Yoshi wrote:
I've read the end of the series now and while I found most stories interesting on their own, it's quite hard to make sense of it without the bonus information provided here. Also, the end to PKNA is mean, as it isn't really an end. Besides the trilogy there never was a cliffhanger in PKNA, now, in the last issue, there is a cliffhanger. Really strange Sad. So I just have to hope we'll get PK², too.

The 49/50 issue isn't an ending, but a transitiion between the first and the second series.
It's more similar to a special issue than a regular issue.
The real ending is the issue 48, where the last characters (Everett Ducklair, Two and One/Odin eidolon) had their conclusive stories.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ankokudaishogun

PostSubject: Re: The End of the Series   Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:22 pm

The official answer to the whole time-travel mess is "PRDQP"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suyope

PostSubject: Re: The End of the Series   Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:23 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:
The official answer to the whole time-travel mess is "PRDQP"

That's a great answer!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scroller

PostSubject: Re: The End of the Series   Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:12 pm

Is "PRDQP" just another way of saying "Don't overanalyze this, we simply fucked up"?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BubbleDaff

PostSubject: Re: The End of the Series   Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:22 am

Probably, but over analyzing is fun.

We can be sure that Everett didn't actually change time with that book; evidence being that Donald referred to the T.I.I hall in PK2 12 Blackout, something he wouldn't have used if Everett had actually changed the events, everything disappeared as fast as it was seen but he saved one page ripping it out of the book, bringing it to physical existence.

On the page Everett saved it showed us a picture of whatever Lyla gave the avenger being stored in something at Ducklair tower. I'm presuming that Lyla gave Donald her memory drive so everything that was lyla was in that little capsule, kinda like how Xadhoom gave Donald her memories on that disc. Because the events leading up to Lyla giving Donald her memory chip (or whatever it's called) didn't actually happen the only one who would know about the chip being there would be Everett. I'm assuming that there are now two Lyla's, one in the 23rd century and one in their present time.

We can guess that Everett's not interested in Lyla's secrets because he knows all he needs to know.

On the time travel thing I'm gonna assume that conscious decisions to travel past a point in time (23rd century) is impossible. What I mean by that is that if the traveler knows about the microcontraction problem then they can't initiate a way to travel through time and here comes the part where I liken the situation to schrodinger's cat. Erugh I had it explained fine in my head, now to put it into words that don't make it sound like useless babble.....

Ok here we go...schrodinger's cat is the experiment where a cat is locked in a box with a vial of hydrocyanic acid blah blah blah point is we can't know if it's dead or not unless you take the lid off, it either is or it isn't. We can't change something we already know about because if it doesn't happen we wouldn't have gone back to change it. In PKNA's day of the cold sun, Donald and the Raider were able to change time because there was an opposing team. In schrodinger's cat theory the opposing team would be the event that leads up to the vial breaking allowing the acid to kill the cat, the other team is obviously the events that allow the vial to break not happening. Because we can't open the box we don't know if the cat is dead or alive, the only ones who do know are the players of the game, the cat, the vial, the hammer that breaks the vial, and the counter that makes the hammer break the vial if an atom has decayed in the acid.

The players of the game in PKNA would be Donald, Raider, and the time police. Only they would know if there was an explosion, everyone else who knew of the explosion would only know through documents (time police reports) or word of mouth.

The time police are trying to insure that an explosion happens, they can't know for certain that an explosion does happen so they need to be there to make sure it does. Donald knows through the Raider that an explosion is about the happen, the Raider knows of the explosion because the Time police are there to insure it happens. The Time police know that the Raider is in that time period and they also know that something significant is going to happen. We know that synthetic lifeforms can see glimpses of how a world is supposed to be and we can also assume that Lyla and other synthetic droids haven't seen any glimpses of the explosion happening meaning that Donald stopping the explosion is the true event. The question here is how did the Time police know of an explosion?

Well there are a few ways but the one I've chosen is due to Lyla's presence. We know that the time police who arrived to deal with the explosion problem were from the 23rd century but what we don't know is what part of the 23rd century. We know that they would have to be from a point before time travel for them became impossible, We know that Time 0 headquarters is in a place outside of time, we also know that Lyla sends data to the headquarters, a place where time and space don't matter. Because of this, the information Lyla sends could end up in the hands of Time police that aren't from her specific time era, it's possible that the time police could be from a time before Lyla was created.... maybe I should have said for each action there is a reaction.....Even if it wasn't Lyla (maybe her data doesn't go to the out of time headquarters) I imagine they would keep a file on the Duck Avenger at Headquarters and would know about the explosion before they were sent to deal with it. It's pretty much like how issue 12 ended...they preserve the alteration otherwise how would they act.

That sounded so much better in my head....I'm not even sure if it makes sense.....

Whatever, my main point was PKNA Before Dawn issue. Because the travelers (Donald, Angus, Camera 9, Other guy) didn't know the machine was a time machine they were able to use it to travel through time. Issue 43 didn't stop Time travel from happening, it just stopped it from happening again otherwise they never would have been able to travel through time in the first place. Donald wouldn't be able to make a decision to time travel because he's conscious of the blocks but if the event that lead to him time traveling happened before the blocks were put up and were initiated by someone or something else it works, there's that bloody cat again.....Because he knows of the problems he can initiate time travel until they find away to overcome the microcontraction problem. Because time flows continuously Donald's timeline is on par with the era where microconcentration problems occur, for Donald time has looped itself blocking the entrance though the door, like a string that has a knot in it. It's like knowing the ending of a film, you can't be surprised because you already knew how it ended, Donald knows there's a problem with time travel and he can't get over it until a sequel comes out, the problem is solved.

Damn that was a lot of writing and most of it sounds a lot like babble but it's 5am and I really can't be asked to care right now...Hell right now I'm not even sure if I'm putting this in the right place...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Banker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The End of the Series   Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:12 pm

... sorry, I blacked out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The End of the Series   Today at 1:43 pm

Back to top Go down

The End of the Series