HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

PK New Era Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Lyla

PostSubject: PK New Era Discussion   Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:21 pm

Three days ago Catenacci announced something in a few seconds on "Tizzoni d'Inferno": http://tizzonidinferno.podbean.com/2012/12/05/davide-catenacci/

A user (Simone C.) asked this: "Quando torna Pk?" (When will Pk/Duck Avenger come back?)
And Catenacci answered: "He will be back soon."

WHAT IN HELL...?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Banker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:14 am

Well, at least there can never be a continuation t--

Wait a minute.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/LordofCorruption?feature=mhee
Mr Blotling

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:24 am

So, the page was down when I tried to visit it

So I looked around and found out a bit more

bounce does a happy dance bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:53 pm

And what did you find out Very Happy? I hope italso gets released here (or translated by the grandmaster of translations), although I'm still missing Pikappa ^^.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gaming-universe.de
Banker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:24 pm

And I'd likewise love for a new potential series to come to Norway, as long as fucktards like Tone Dannevig stay away from it.

... I'm still going for mousepads.
Back to top Go down
Mr Blotling

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:52 am

Latest news seem to indicate that this will not be a direct continuation of PK2 seemingly due to there being too much time since it ended which would make it a problem in regards to new readers, which I can understand. The attitude seems to be going in the direction of "take what worked with the original series and forget about what didn't".

Even if I personally would have gone with some sort of picking up after PK2 but not referring to it too much in the beginning but rather let it on more and more as time goes by. But it's definitely better than nothing Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:14 am

Want! Probably won't get though >.<.
Back to top Go down
Lyla

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:37 am

Guys, guys, guys. I swear I tried to resist, but since there are just few people here watching constantly for the news... well why not saying it? Just... don't spread the word too much...

*picks up a megaphone* PK IS NON-OFFICIALLY RISING AGAIN!!!!!!11!!!1!!

One from Disney Italia told us. Buuut- the reason why the word does not have to be spread is that it's still unsure if the project will really be finished and published... sooo, don't hype to much if you wanted this so bad. These are secret and above all unsure news, since we don't really know if they will publish. The only thing I know is that they're ACTUALLY working on this crap, FINALLY, and I'm REALLY happy for this.

Some informations about it:

- it will be published on "Topolino"
- "don't expect PKNA", but the characters, apparently, will be the same.
- since it will be published on this kind of journal, there will be no "too harsh" or deep stories for the very beginning.
- as far as I understood, they will actually consider the continuity from PK2.

I REPEAT: all these informations could also be uncorrect, the only thing I'm sure about is that it's not going to start with issues like the other PK.

Personally, I think they're going to do some DD-like stuff. Some short stories and mini-series. Not so bad for a beginning, maybe...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:34 pm

this way there at least is a chance it gets published in Germany's Lustiges taschenbuch ^^. While I'd definitely prefer longer stories, short ones can be great, too.
Back to top Go down
Mr Blotling

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:04 am

Yeah, I should probably have added that nothing of what I typed was set in stone and that everything was strictly non-official. So the less things are posted as hard facts the better.

Since DoubleDuck have proven to work out pretty well in Topolino, I'm quite confident this can become a success. After all, PKNA more or less paved the way for DD and other slightly more "mature" comics like the Dracula one and with comics (and most printed media in general) taking massive hits in regard to circulation number, publishing in Topolino seems to be a wise move since starting up a new title can be a huge risk. Sure, some tweaking to the more darker tones to this new potential incarnation will probably need to be done, and the sexualisation will need to be toned down oh so very many notches (not that stuff like DD is perfectly squeaky clean, but it's still several leagues between them).

Speaking of, here's to hoping Sciarrone becomes involved. Gratuitous sexy duck ladies or not.

DD also proves that Topolino is suitable for long term storytelling with its interconnected stories, much like PKNA had. I also wouldn't worry about the stories being shorter than before, since it's really not uncommon for stories to span well over 100 pages in Topolino (split over several issues). And since there won't be a story in every issue, the people behind it can focus on making good stories instead of needing to churn out one story every month.

So I'm confident this, if it is realized, can work out very well.

Meh, I'm rambling again, aren't I?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyla

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:03 pm

Mr Blotling wrote:
Speaking of, here's to hoping Sciarrone becomes involved.
I think he will... Wink

Mr Blotling wrote:
I also wouldn't worry about the stories being shorter than before
I worry just because when there are a lot of pages there's also a higher possibility for the elaboration of the story. But yes, I'm sure there will not be huge stories.

-----
NEWS ANYWAY, AGAIN!

This time, Artibani's the news: he's talking about PK. Sorry for the VERY quick translating, hope it's understandable enough, though... D:

"Which are the facts? We're thinking about a return, but there are no dates, no ads, nothing at all.
The present confrontation is all the operation's feasibility, from the economic and the "room" point of view.
It's not important to me if it'll be in a comic book or in a pocket-size format, what matter is to be able to tell some new stories of a character and a world that still could have something to say, even for a single time again.
If it were the format to determinate the worth of something, the tree series could have been all the same; however, this is not true.

On "Topolino", PK could find a place very well, so as a character like DD did. The ideas counts and the spirit of that character; the panoramic format of the magazine was an added value, an element of innovation into the Disney publishing scene of the second half of the '90 years, not a determinant element of course.

Without sounding dull, I think the best thing that's happening in this moment is, like it was said in other interventions, the aggregation of authors that have been dispersed a little inside the ways of the comic's world, writers and artists that spontaneously meet again like salmons, in order to restart to do something good for "Topolino", not just for PK.

Personally, I have a really positive feeling, the one of feel like doing it and do it well, for the sake of the magazine, trying to create always stories of a good level.
In the times of the first PK, there was this liveliness and imho there still is and on this idea has to be grounded anything that will, for PK and not only.

We'll see what will happen, but the invitation is - trite, if you want, but not discounted - to judge the existing, to read a story and to evaluate it after reading.
The debate is funny, the publishing* also, but I would keep the energies for the right moment."

* this was actually a weird word I didn't know how to translate exactly. Sorry Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ankokudaishogun

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:53 pm

Quote :
* this was actually a weird word I didn't know how to translate exactly. Sorry
what was the original word?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyla

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:03 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:
Quote :
* this was actually a weird word I didn't know how to translate exactly. Sorry
what was the original word?
Fanta-editoria
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Banker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:29 am

Lyla wrote:

Fanta-editoria

Oh, this is super obvious.

PK is now going to be sponsored by Fanta and there'll be product placements everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Krozam

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:07 pm

Banker wrote:
Lyla wrote:

Fanta-editoria

Oh, this is super obvious.

PK is now going to be sponsored by Fanta and there'll be product placements everywhere.
ROFL! Laughing

Good to hear that they're at least working on something. Hopefully something good. It's unlikely to result in something as good as PKNA, but if there are some of the same people are working on it, I think I can at least expect decent stories.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PK New Era Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next