HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

PK New Era Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Zataro

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:44 pm

First page of Black Ray got a Textless Preview in Panini's November Catalogue PDFs, as well as a Variant Cover from the 5-Page Prologue Issue coming in Topolino 3127:

Work in Progress shots of the Banks of Time & Mystery Magazine Omnibus vol. 1 Covers also shown;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
megasupermoon

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:05 am

First poster for next PK New Era:

" />
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:43 am

Can't wait for this to be released here in Germany in 20 years Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gaming-universe.de
DuckCat

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:56 am

Will one come back then? Hope so!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ankokudaishogun

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:22 pm

First chapter out in Italy.

So. It was... weird.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zataro

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:23 am

So!
Chapter 1:

Extras:

P.S. Thanks for the new Pikappa Translations, as well as the Black Ray Prequel, & (in advance) the upcoming Chapter 1 Translation, Banks! Very Happy

P.P.S. Does anyone else have an innate desire for the entire European Continent to get off its ass already & digitalize their bloody Comics? FFS (Yes, I do mean beyond insufferably annoying iPhone/iPad Apps).

Video:

P.S. Damn you Banker.

P.P.S. (anyone else getting tired of these?) The Black Ray Trailer, "properly" uploaded, courtesy of Monteduro himself, as it were; (SPOILERS WARNING)

(Does Italy care for neither properly Digitalized Comics OR HD Videos, suddenly? confused)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:36 am

*Waits patiently*

edit: I FOUND THIS GIF RIGHT AFTER AND NOT ONLY IS IT A CHILDHOOD SHOW GIF, Evens Stevens with young shia Lebouf I used to watch all the time, BUT HE'S PETTING A DUCK!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mistresseccentrical.tumblr.com
Banker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:06 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/LordofCorruption?feature=mhee
ankokudaishogun

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:48 am

Just a note for those unfamiliar with the Italian Duckburg... the Mayor is a pig politician.
He's usually only interested in the next election and how to boost his popularity(to win the next election).
He care enough about the city to risk losing popularity if really needed... but he's more likely to act in order to stop his wife's complaining

Also, Scrooge and Rockerduck getting in fistfights over... pretty much anything, really, is an exceedingly common sight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:10 am

Scrooge and Rockerduck were a great addition, they're so cute, all we need is Flinthart to come in and beat them down with his cane and we have the holy trinity of rich, old, ducks.

SO WAIT, ARE YOU TELLING ME:

SPOILER:

This was a great first part! I love Sergio so much, he's so salty ; u ;
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:20 am

You know, seeing as the "The Black Ray" is pointing back to the PKNA issue "In the Fog", I do recall that there was a pig mayor there whose appearance was very different from the norm.

So I wonder why they didn't go with that design. I guess he lost an election over the years.
Back to top Go down
Zataro

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:31 am

In the Fog Mayor:

It could be they decided since it's in the "Topolino Universe" these days, they might as well go with the "Topolino Mayor" of Duckburg, instead of their "Alternate Universe" Mayor. So yeah, officially "he lost an election" a while back. If not more than one.

Speaking of, I wonder. They obviously didn't get Everett Ducklair's permission to rebuild the Tower on his property, so what? They just hoping he'll show up one day & not sue them for it? Eminent Domain seizure? He did after all re-purchase the Tower from Scrooge with PK2's Premiere, didn't he?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ankokudaishogun

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:19 am

It might have been the classic Mayor trying to be hip and modern. Any fad for votes!

Also, Duckburg has... Peculiar laws. Them finding and using old 1700 laws is quite common. And in the Italian Disney universe, the Federal government appears to be a nonentity
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr Blotling

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:32 am

ankokudaishogun wrote:
And in the Italian Disney universe, the Federal government appears to be a nonentity

This is hardly anything unique for Italian Disney comics, if I had a dime for every time Duckburg sent it's own football team or similar to the World Cup or to the Olympics, I'd have... at least a few dimes right now. At least Italian Disney comics specifically take place in the US with the characters speaking English and all, whereas Scandinavian (at least Swedish) ones tend to be a bit more fuzzy about it, sometimes somewhat implying them rather taking place in the country where the comic is published.

Anyways, on to the new story...

I really feel this one started out really strong. After the more confusing and less than stellar Banks of Time (not that that one necessarily was bad, it was just that it didn't really match up anywhere near to Might and Power), this was really a return to form. Sure, we're still in the dark about lots of what's going on, but it's something that's actually really intriguing. All in all, I think we really can have something special here.

Also, I really stuck on the following words (speculation about the future ahead, so if you want to be in the dark about potential future stuff with interesting consequences, don't read the spoiler):

Spoiler:

And as usual, awesome work on the translation the two of you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyla

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:44 pm

I kind of forgot I could make comments in this forum about the new story... I have nothing interesting to say, though, except that... it looks... surprisingly good, for now??

I have... the amazing impression it could be better than Potere e Potenza, which is saying a lot. Plus, more Everett Ducklair secrets! I'm always a sucker for them!

(Also, there was an Angus' pic that I really want as an avatar somewhere, lol...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:14 am

Lyla wrote:
I kind of forgot I could make comments in this forum about the new story... I have nothing interesting to say, though, except that... it looks... surprisingly good, for now??

I have... the amazing impression it could be better than Potere e Potenza, which is saying a lot. Plus, more Everett Ducklair secrets! I'm always a sucker for them!

(Also, there was an Angus' pic that I really want as an avatar somewhere, lol...)

I'm always a sucker for Everett Ducklair in general -- the whole Ducklair family, truthfully.

I'm kinda hoping we will see One and Everett this episode, maybe One at least, but I feel like it won't be until next episode -- presumably the last -- that will for sure be their part in the whole fiasco.

But from how the team talks about it, it seems we will get more stories, hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:50 am

Yeah, after the little info drops of the connection between Everett and the new villain in Part 2, we're gonna need some serious backstory on this fucker.
Back to top Go down
Zataro

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:20 am

Wow! I never stop loving how much Artibani cameo's all this PKNA stuff.

This is interesting though:

Off-Topic: Piggybacking on the conversation from a few months ago about the US printing a translation of the Duck Avenger's 1960's First Appearance/Origins story; The Double-Issue story in question, along with some other Silver Age Duck Avenger Classics, are being collected for the first time ever (in English) into a TPB due this December! bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyla

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:45 pm

Oooh my god. Ok, one of the things that made me fall in love with PK in the first place is: sci-fi explanations... I swear I was drooling in the second part. Everything is so heavily badass, I can't even deal. Artibani's writing is amazing as usual (maybe the jokes weren't top ones, but still nice), and Pastrovicchio's art is unbearably good. I HATE having to wait another wednesday, gosh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:17 am

I agree with Banker, how in the hell did Everett find time to do conquer a dimension? Dude's running an economic empire, inventing crazy stuff, doing his dull Earthling taxes, and still has time to freaking make a stable gateway to an universe and make it his own personal locker of sorts?

Everett Ducklair is a Mary-Sue
Back to top Go down
ankokudaishogun

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:42 am

He didn't conquer anything. He made that pocket dimension, apparently before coming to earth
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Banker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:02 pm

Well, now I have to question how old Everett Ducklair actually is. Ridiculous alien lifespans, man.

Back to top Go down
ankokudaishogun

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:33 am

New issue out.

Well, fuck.
Either they have mass reconnect PKĀ², or something is wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyla

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:23 pm

#everettducklairhadtoomuchsparetime2k15
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:39 am

From reading a review/summary of the new episode, all I've got to say is:

CHILL ARTIBINI.

He probably fucken sits there at his desk, with Pastrovicchio doodling muscles beside him, and wonders: "How can I make this plot twenty-times more interesting and flat out insane?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PK New Era Discussion   Today at 1:38 pm

Back to top Go down

PK New Era Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 14 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next