BETA

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

PK2 #17&18

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Krozam

PostSubject: PK2 #17&18   Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:29 pm

I've decided that it's time to finally stop stalling the inevitable and... finish PK2. I've stalled for a long time, because, you know, after that there's no more left. Except, hopefully, if they start that rumoured new series... <.<

#17: Wow. These girls are really insane. Completely lacking in empathy. Complex characters, excellent villains. Maybe the best in the whole series, deserving of their place in the concluding arc.

Rupert shows a reliable side. Right in front of his girlfriend, too. Razz

Somewhat lacking in explanations, and a bit rushed, but overall not bad. Pretty dramatic, though it could've been more so. If those fires were real (I thought they were illusions at first) there must've been people caught up in them, burnt.

#18: I knew Everett and PK would team up in the end. After all, Everett isn't stupid.

Wow, and actual proposal? Surprised I'm glad the romance had a conclusion, I must say I wasn't expecting it.

A good conclusion for the series. I can't say great, but good. There's this vague feeling that it's missing something, but I can't put a finger on it. Maybe it just wasn't dramatic enough. Or maybe it's because there's no Lyla or One.

As a whole, I must say PK2 didn't touch me as deeply as PKNA. PKNA had somethin unique, a style that PK2 lost. Or maybe it just changed and I'm too hung up on the orginal to appreciate the new style enough. Because there is undeniably enough dept and darkness, great ideas, quality storytelling, entertaining action, interesting plots and deep and complex characters to match PKNA. The humour isn't as much to my liking, but could that be the only reason? I don't know...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Banker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PK2 #17&18   Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:50 pm

Mmm... Kinda disappointed by the ending because I was expecting a Coronian invasion for some reason. Eh, just me drawing conclusions based on little. Though I'm glad to see stuff did get resolved.

The series was all in all pretty awesome. Had it gone on for longer and been developed better it would have surpassed PKNA for me at least.

I hope they will continue the story some day. Still some stuff left unresolved.

Still, where the fuck was Lyla? She just vanished after #12. Someone oughta report her missing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/LordofCorruption?feature=mhee
Krozam

PostSubject: Re: PK2 #17&18   Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:49 am

Well, at least she remained in the story, unlike One. Seriously, it seems like Everett didn't even reactivate him before leaving. Somehow the fact that he was so unceremoniously just shut down and forgotten, even by PK, seems to conflict with the philosophy of artificial intelligence being as valuable as organic, a theme so often present in the story earlier. I understand why it was necessary for the plot, but I really think they could have handled it better. A lot better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Banker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PK2 #17&18   Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:06 am

Well, sure, I don't really even think I get why Everett needed to shut him down in the first place.

Or why it was necessary to act like an asshole.

Ah fuck it.
Back to top Go down
Lyla

PostSubject: Re: PK2 #17&18   Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:27 pm

Krozam wrote:
Well, at least she remained in the story, unlike One. Seriously, it seems like Everett didn't even reactivate him before leaving.
He didn't infact... Sad
Krozam wrote:
Somehow the fact that he was so unceremoniously just shut down and forgotten, even by PK, seems to conflict with the philosophy of artificial intelligence being as valuable as organic, a theme so often present in the story earlier. I understand why it was necessary for the plot, but I really think they could have handled it better. A lot better.
Kinda agreed, but I don't think PK have forgotten him. I just think it could have been too "emo" for PK to remember too much about him, and he's not definely that kind of character! But still, we can guess he thinks about him much more than it looks... *headcanoning much*

As always... I really wish one day everyone will be able to understand what the fuck was going on in this serie...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: PK2 #17&18   Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:20 pm

Lyla wrote:
Krozam wrote:
Well, at least she remained in the story, unlike One. Seriously, it seems like Everett didn't even reactivate him before leaving.
He didn't infact... Sad
How do we know this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gaming-universe.de
Banker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PK2 #17&18   Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:25 am

If lolGlupus was reactivated, then why not show it? Just have a page where he pops up like a jack in a box, have lolFantonald go "UNO-SAN!", and then finish it off with the gayest hug ever.
Back to top Go down
Lyla

PostSubject: Re: PK2 #17&18   Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:07 pm

Banker wrote:
If lolGlupus was reactivated, then why not show it? Just have a page where he pops up like a jack in a box, have lolFantonald go "UNO-SAN!", and then finish it off with the gayest hug ever.
Exactly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: PK2 #17&18   Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:43 am

I didn't want to say that he was reactivated, in fact, I believe that he was not intended by the authors to be reactivated, but still, as it is not a topic in the comic and there is enough room where One could possibly be reactivated, I don't think we can say for sure that he wasn't reactivated. If they want to continue past PKĀ², I'd hope they say some basic things how he was reactivated before (even if it may not have been intended back then), to prevent a Star Trek 3 situation from happening. Ivo is not a good replacement for One and I doubt Gyro could used as one.
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PK2 #17&18   Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:41 pm

Yoshi wrote:
Star Trek 3 situation

PK3: The Search for One
Back to top Go down
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: PK2 #17&18   Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:48 pm

Yo're doing it again, discounting Pikappa ;(. They are just numbering differently form Star Trek. PK3 is Star Trek 11, PK4 will be Star Trek 3 - with the classic Duck Avenger being Star Trek 4.
Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: PK2 #17&18   Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:27 pm

What's Pikappa?
Back to top Go down
Celestis

PostSubject: Re: PK2 #17&18   Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:57 pm

What's Star Trek 11?
Back to top Go down