BETA

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

A few drabbles

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eccentric

PostSubject: A few drabbles   Mon May 13, 2013 4:09 am

I'll just leave these here, and perhaps post them on my AO3, but I could use some critique before posting them on AO3; I'm really shy on what I post there U////U

If these are decent, I might just write a bunch more drabbles with the 100 Themes

((Note, Im not done with PKNA series yet))

6. Obsession

For years he had lived with the hole in his heart, and for years he tried to fill it. Nothing worked. He tried focusing more on his studies, getting the grades, being the absolute smartest student there could be. But that didn't work. He tried being a philosopher, reading as many books on Enlightened Thinkers to better understand his world. It gave him a better insight, but did not feel the burning ache. No one could understand, not even his parents or colleagues.

And so he continued to go on like this. It would not be until his college years that he would find what could give him hope. Amidst his summer break, Leonard was invited to Ducklair Tower for a special, V.I.P. tour held for only the brightest beings of the next generation. He accepted out of modesty and slight curiosity, because hardly anyone was allowed to see all hundred-and-fifty floors in the building, or even hundred-and-forty-nine. There was one place in particular that caught his eye, a new project being undertaken by the Ducklair company from a new collaborator.

Within it were what looked to be human bodies, but on better inspection Leonard saw they were not. Their bodies gleamed with metal colors, and their eyes were lifeless....For now. He lurked behind the group as they went on pass the lab doors, onward with the tour. When they were gone, he read the top of the door-frame, in red letters it read: 'Robo-Labs.'

There was a keypad that demanded an code be entered and he simply took out one of his many gadgets from his bag and hacked into the keyframe. If anyone had noticed, they didn't try to stop him. Once past the door his world changed in a blink of his blue eyes. All around were metal bodies on tables, wires hooked up to them, and computers beeping. He must have been Alice, because he was in wonderland- a robot wonderland!

There was one body that he stared at most. It was a female shape, curved like a perfect hour-glass, and colored a lovely silver- such like his hair, which was turning color at a rapid pace. She was amazing! She was perfect. His attempts at a relationship had never worked out. Every woman seemed attracted to him, and he couldn't deny there were many a beautiful one who caught his eye, but where they were Aphrodite, they lacked the Athena he wanted. None could keep his interest for long, and it would all collapse within a week at most.

He wanted the perfect woman. He needed it. He yearned for it! He would obsess with it for years to come! And if it could not be born, or brought to him, then he would have to create it for himself.

"Who let you in?"

Quickly his snapped around to see a tall figure, shadowed by the huge machines and blinking lights.

"I-Im...I, let myself in. Please, forgive me."

"Were you with the tour group?"

He nodded in awe, watching as the figure moved his arms behind his back. "Yes, I am Leonard Vertighel. I saw a few of the samples outside the door....And had to see more."

The figure took a few steps forward, the sound echoing amongst the steel floor. Now Leonard could see the long, dark hair and bright eyes of the man. He smiled gently and genuinely.

"Don't worry, Mr. Vertighel, I do not hold you to a crime for simple curiosity. But I must ask, what do you think of it all? These are the future, these are droids who will one day help humanity."

"I think its all absolutely genius."

The smile on the man's face grew broader, and Leonard felt the air catch in his throat.

"I'm glad you think so. I had chosen you personally for the tour because I had seen great potential in you. I had only hoped you would find interest my work, and now that you have I only wish ask you if you would like to join me."

"Help you....Create the future?"

"Of course! I know we will work together quite wonderfully! I can see it now!" There was a gleam in his eyes. Those eyes seemed to shine with their odd color of auburn. As if they knew something...

"I would be happy to help you, mister....."

"Eidolon, Odin Eidolon. But please, no formalities, we will be working close together for some time."

7.Eternity

It was almost indefinite he would live on for eternity.

Almost.

He wouldn't truly want to live so long though. Many of his old friends were gone by now.. Sometimes it hurt to think of his life years before, when he was just an Artificial Intelligence, because those were great days even if he was just a hologram in an orb. There was adventure, fun and companions to keep him busy.

Of course none of that was gone in the present! He still had adventures now and then, there was always a bit of fun, and he had many new companions as well. He wouldn't change a thing in his life. But still....He missed his old friends.

He didn't know whether once he was gone would he go to some paradise place like people said? Or, being a synthetic being, just die out? That was a even more painful thought. Even if he didn't live on for eternity, would he meet his friends in some farther, otherworldly place?

Currently, those thoughts could wait a bit longer. but, For now, he had a reason and purpose to live, and that was to give the synthetic beings their rights and equality. Until droids and humans could live in unity, without so much danger of a revolt on either sides, he had to live.

" Mr. Eidolon, you have a visitor to see you, should I tell her to leave?" Was his secretary over the holographic intercom.

"No, allow her in." He clasped his fingers under his chin, and crossed one leg over the other. This visitor was one he had been waiting for for a long time.

The door opened and a female came walking in; she wore a pink suit, and her blonde hair was up in a bun.

"Hello, Odin, its been awhile!"

"Yes it has, Lyla." He grinned impishly, the corners of his eyes crinkling. "Please, sit! I have some tea being sent up, and we have all the time in the world to talk!"

Last edited by MadameBizarre on Mon May 13, 2013 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mistresseccentrical.tumblr.com
Xadhoom

PostSubject: Re: A few drabbles   Mon May 13, 2013 12:03 pm

Number 6 was a surprise. I'll have expected 'Obsession' to focus on Xadhoom, though Vertighel certainly worked well with it, better than Xadhoom might have.

Number 7 was likewise good, though, the first part, 'It was almost indefinite he would live forever', is somewhat of a redundant statement.

All in all, you didn't disappoint, and if nothing else, I'll like to see further drabbles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: A few drabbles   Mon May 13, 2013 3:32 pm

Thank you! I'm glad you liked them. I hope to post more soon ;D
Back to top Go down
Xadhoom

PostSubject: Re: A few drabbles   Fri May 17, 2013 3:25 pm

MadameBizarre wrote:
Thank you! I'm glad you liked them. I hope to post more soon ;D

That, I'll look forward to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: A few drabbles   Mon May 20, 2013 3:33 am

Heres some more, if anything is inaccurate just go ahead and tell me (I mostly scanned by PK2).

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Xadhoom

PostSubject: Re: A few drabbles   Mon May 20, 2013 6:08 am

MadameEccentric wrote:
Heres some more, if anything is inaccurate just go ahead and tell me (I mostly scanned by PK2).

Spoiler:

1: I'm fairly certain that Everett's homeworld is called, 'Corona', not 'Cronia'.
2: This part should say, Malice, and this line, 'Ever the embodiment of cold, distant malice' would fit the context better.

PS: Thanks for favoriting my story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: A few drabbles   Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:19 am

This drabble turned into a bit of a one-shot, but I'd rather not make a whole new thread for it, or separate story on FanfictionNet.
It's to set up a relation between my Oc, Percival Sapians, and Odin Eidolon which will also come into play in a later story I hope to write based off the Odin and Deugemo drabble I wrote.

Spoiler:

There may be sine misspelled words, thats because the stupid word speller was on the fritz. There'll be another fic involving these two to create more development for the future fic.
Back to top Go down
Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: A few drabbles   Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:51 pm

Here are some based off the 100 themes, next batch will have more OCs, I hope no one minds U u U

You can also follow my drabbles on fanfictionn.net , its like the only other story under the PKNA tag.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Banker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A few drabbles   Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:17 pm

Keep it up! These are quite enjoyable to read Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/LordofCorruption?feature=mhee
Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: A few drabbles   Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:15 am

Really, thank you! It means a lot to be told I'm doing good, its really motivational.

Spoiler:

Also taking requests and suggested U u U
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few drabbles   Today at 1:43 pm

Back to top Go down

A few drabbles
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1