Duck Avenger Forum

BETA

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Duck Avengers gear in 3D (The Extransformer Shield)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Viking

PostSubject: Duck Avengers gear in 3D (The Extransformer Shield)   Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:41 pm

As a mechanical engineering student and a fan of Duck Avenger, there is one thing that comes to one’s mind, and it seems it hasn’t been done before, creating PK’s gear in a 3D-CAD environment. So that’s what I have begun to do, starting whit the coolest item in the whole series, The Extransformer Shield.
But creating things from a comic book series isn’t as straightforward as it may sounds.

Therefore I welcome any comments on changes to make.

I have made this version 0.1 to begin with.

These are some photorenders I have made.:

But to really see it, it must be in 3D, therefore I have made a PDF whit 3D, it can be viewed in Adobe Reader, and you can download the PDF hear: The 3D Pdf of the Extansformer shield

And yes I know that it is inverted, I used the Extransformer Shield data page as main reference, and there it is depictured that way, the good thing whit computer CAD-files is that I can just mirror it ones I’m done.
See for yourself:

I hope you will all give me your opinions on what to change for version 0.2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: Duck Avengers gear in 3D (The Extransformer Shield)   Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:26 pm

Woah! Thats so cool! It looks spot on! I'm not knowledgable anywhere in 3D graphics, so I dont really have any suggestions or changes -though I was thinking maybe making it look a little used/scratched because of all of PK's use of it, but then again since it's advanced technology it might be seriiusly durable.

But great work! It looks so shiny @ u @
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mistresseccentrical.tumblr.com
Viking

PostSubject: Re: Duck Avengers gear in 3D (The Extransformer Shield)   Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:54 pm

Thanks a lot, I’m glad you like it.

I am a bit unsure about the size ratios, especially the main shield plate (height vs. width). I’m pretty sure the thickness is wrong, it doesn’t look right. I can’t really decide if the main plate is flat, parabolic or pyramid shaped.

Since I am making it in a CAD programme (SolidWorks) I can’t easily make it look worn and such, CAD is more aimed towards production and visualisation of new concepts. It is possible to make custom textures, but I am not so good at that kind of work. If someone is I am happy to share the files.

When I’m done I hope to make it, so it is easy to print it on a 3D printer. Or maybe mill it out in alu. or titanium.  Very Happy 

Ps.
Did the PDF work? Was it helpfull?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krozam

PostSubject: Re: Duck Avengers gear in 3D (The Extransformer Shield)   Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:24 pm

It does look a little too thick yeah. Otherwise it looks cool to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duck Avengers gear in 3D (The Extransformer Shield)   Today at 1:41 pm

Back to top Go down

Duck Avengers gear in 3D (The Extransformer Shield)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1