Duck Avenger Forum

BETA

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Duck Avengers gear in 3D (The Extransformer Shield)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Viking

PostSubject: Duck Avengers gear in 3D (The Extransformer Shield)   Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:41 pm

As a mechanical engineering student and a fan of Duck Avenger, there is one thing that comes to one’s mind, and it seems it hasn’t been done before, creating PK’s gear in a 3D-CAD environment. So that’s what I have begun to do, starting whit the coolest item in the whole series, The Extransformer Shield.
But creating things from a comic book series isn’t as straightforward as it may sounds.

Therefore I welcome any comments on changes to make.

I have made this version 0.1 to begin with.

These are some photorenders I have made.:

But to really see it, it must be in 3D, therefore I have made a PDF whit 3D, it can be viewed in Adobe Reader, and you can download the PDF hear: The 3D Pdf of the Extansformer shield

And yes I know that it is inverted, I used the Extransformer Shield data page as main reference, and there it is depictured that way, the good thing whit computer CAD-files is that I can just mirror it ones I’m done.
See for yourself:

I hope you will all give me your opinions on what to change for version 0.2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: Duck Avengers gear in 3D (The Extransformer Shield)   Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:26 pm

Woah! Thats so cool! It looks spot on! I'm not knowledgable anywhere in 3D graphics, so I dont really have any suggestions or changes -though I was thinking maybe making it look a little used/scratched because of all of PK's use of it, but then again since it's advanced technology it might be seriiusly durable.

But great work! It looks so shiny @ u @
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mistresseccentrical.tumblr.com
Viking

PostSubject: Re: Duck Avengers gear in 3D (The Extransformer Shield)   Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:54 pm

Thanks a lot, I’m glad you like it.

I am a bit unsure about the size ratios, especially the main shield plate (height vs. width). I’m pretty sure the thickness is wrong, it doesn’t look right. I can’t really decide if the main plate is flat, parabolic or pyramid shaped.

Since I am making it in a CAD programme (SolidWorks) I can’t easily make it look worn and such, CAD is more aimed towards production and visualisation of new concepts. It is possible to make custom textures, but I am not so good at that kind of work. If someone is I am happy to share the files.

When I’m done I hope to make it, so it is easy to print it on a 3D printer. Or maybe mill it out in alu. or titanium.  Very Happy 

Ps.
Did the PDF work? Was it helpfull?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krozam

PostSubject: Re: Duck Avengers gear in 3D (The Extransformer Shield)   Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:24 pm

It does look a little too thick yeah. Otherwise it looks cool to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duck Avengers gear in 3D (The Extransformer Shield)   

Back to top Go down

Duck Avengers gear in 3D (The Extransformer Shield)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1