HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Paperinik: Universo PK

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ankokudaishogun

PostSubject: Paperinik: Universo PK   Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:05 pm

So, let's start a topic.

Starting with the January issue, Paperinik AppGrade is publishing a 4-part saga starring the classic Paperinik dealing with some of the characters and events from PKNA

It's an alternate universe, it doesn't refers to PKNA stories... directly.
The first issue is a retelling of Evroniani, so there are a number of references in form of panel shots and scenes being very similar... with a twist.
Let's just say instead of the Patemi actress, Paperinik saves a literal John Smith.

The story itself is quite fun, though I suspect it's funnier for the old PKNA readers than it might be for somebody unaccustomed to it.
Again, it's a PAPERINIK story, so it's much more light-hearted than the usual PKNA stories(no prologue on Xerba, for example)

Also, in the editorials they state they are actually working on something "truly" PKNA-related.

I'm actually suspecting the change of editor to Panini did cause them to change some plans(possibly because more freedom?) and this is both a stop-gap and a sort of "introduction" to the PKNA matters to new readers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Banker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Paperinik: Universo PK   Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:05 pm

Guess who?

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/LordofCorruption?feature=mhee
savagedeacon

PostSubject: Re: Paperinik: Universo PK   Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:18 pm

in the second issue (Paperinik appgrade 17) two more characters from the pkna universe appear.
who are they:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: Paperinik: Universo PK   Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:30 am

I just keep staring at the cameo figure @ u @ So excited for next issue!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mistresseccentrical.tumblr.com
savagedeacon

PostSubject: Re: Paperinik: Universo PK   Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:04 am

the cover of Paperinik appgrade 18

'nuff said

Last edited by savagedeacon on Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: Paperinik: Universo PK   Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:03 am

savagedeacon wrote:
the of Paperinik appgrade 18

nuff said

Is...Is the Raider going to be human here? OH MY GODS
Back to top Go down
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Paperinik: Universo PK   Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:28 am

It seems like veryone but One and Lyla will make it into the classic PK universe afterall (sadly, those two are my favourite characters from PKNA) Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gaming-universe.de
donald57

PostSubject: Re: Paperinik: Universo PK   Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:17 pm

I really like the look of this spin off. I hope it'll find its way to Germany.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
savagedeacon

PostSubject: Re: Paperinik: Universo PK   Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:13 pm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: Paperinik: Universo PK   Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:20 am

Can I also add that the artist is super great and The Raider has nice ass legs here?

God bless the people who said we need to bring back Pk
Back to top Go down
savagedeacon

PostSubject: Re: Paperinik: Universo PK   Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:21 am

The cover of Paperinik appgrade 19. The misterious woman that appeared 2 issues ago returns. Who could she be?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
savagedeacon

PostSubject: Re: Paperinik: Universo PK   Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:16 am

there is little gag in a one page side story where Xadhoom (the creditor) try to to collect a credit of 10000 xerbian xyrby (nw you know how the xerbian currency is called ) from Paperinik and she lose !!!! After all Paperinik is really Donald and he has faced many times the greatest creditor of them all  :Scrooge McDuck  lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
savagedeacon

PostSubject: Re: Paperinik: Universo PK   Sun May 04, 2014 11:27 am

the cover of Paperinik appgrade n. 20
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Paperinik: Universo PK   Tue May 06, 2014 6:41 pm

So they are designing new PKNA characters for this series Very Happy? I'm surprised they always put this series on the title page.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gaming-universe.de
savagedeacon

PostSubject: Re: Paperinik: Universo PK   Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:56 am

the cover of Paperinik appgrade 21 the unofficial epilogue of "Universo PK" with not one but  two raiders. Also Gyro speculates  about the possible existence of pararel universes. This story also introduces the new series that will  start next issue with Angus Fangus protagonist
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ankokudaishogun

PostSubject: Re: Paperinik: Universo PK   Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:43 pm

the title opf the next mini-series is "Paperinik e la Macchina del Fangus". A play on "Macchina del fango"(smear campaign against someone by journalists) and Angus Fangus.
It sounds more like Paperink's "classic" adventures than anything PK, but after issue #21, I'm expecting red skies to appear at any time...

Issue #22 sketch

Issue #22 inks

Issue #23 preview: the return of Kirinepap, the Anti-Paperinik
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: Paperinik: Universo PK   Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:12 am

Not gonna lie, Im.hoarding the URL kinirepap on tumblr ever since I learned of him just a few weeks before his current return, because I also had NegaPaperinik as a url too at one time.
Back to top Go down
Viroro

PostSubject: Re: Paperinik: Universo PK   Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:47 pm

So far, I've got to read all seven issues of Universo PK, and even if it's a completely different beast from PKNA, it's still a pretty nice continuity if taken on its own merits.

The original PK Universe miniseries by Faraci, sadly, isn't one of the best stories he wrote: I actually like the concept, and some ideas he used in this series (the trio Paperinik/Xadhoom/Raider, for example), but I feel like many others that the jokes really slowed down the story itself, and while some were fun, some others seemed to be there just to remind us this is pretty much closer to Topolino stories than PKNA stories. One of the pros of this new universe is also that it gives the writers a way to freely use Xadhoom without resurrecting her in the 'main' PK branch, which is an alternative I'd prefer over ruining the perfect send-off she was given. The only thing she'd need would be to be angrier and truer to herself in the next story, even if overall only the way she introduced herself to Paperinik was forced, otherwise, she was fine). Plus, Angus and Fethry together make up for a pretty comedy gold duo for their work at the Papersera XD

I think the two stories Sisti wrote so far (Paperinik dealing with realities and Media School) are a marked improvement over the original miniseries, especially for the first one. Despite it only being billed as a bridge story, I liked a lot how it played out, the lenght of the story was perfect for the tale it told, and the atmosphere was an almost perfect mix of classic Paperinik and PKNA, so much that I'd dare to say it could have been billed easily as a PKNA story with a few changes. Plus, it allowed us to see a Raider with a functioning Othership, which was pretty interesting on its own.

About La macchina del Fangus, the new story that came out on the latest Paperinik Appgrade issue, I liked its more grounded, 'classic Paperinik with Angus in the middle' style: while I liked the previous story with the Raider, I think the 20-pages long story format works better for simple stories like that, or at least stories which require a few, well-planned events to take place, instead of stuffing the pages with too many events at once. Angus is also one of those characters which can work pretty well in the classic Paperinik setting, and it shows pretty well from this story. I'm really curious to see where Sisti is planning to go with those stories.

So far, I'm liking a lot this alternate take, which I hope will have a long life (at the very least longer than PK - Pikappa), and that the interesting question about the disappearence of alternate realities will manage to find a solution soon...

The only thing that leaves me puzzled is how now both the original PK and Universo's Paperinik coexist at the same time, giving to readers two radically different takes on the same situations and characters. Won't it be only confusing for new readers? Especially those that missed the first five issues of Universo PK...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paperinik: Universo PK   Today at 1:43 pm

Back to top Go down

Paperinik: Universo PK
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1