BETA

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Plotholes and loose endings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
donald57

PostSubject: Plotholes and loose endings   Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:17 pm

(After a few issues regarding my login, I can finally post)

Hello, I'm a new member from Germany, 15 years old, and a big fan of PKNA. It's really awesome that I was able to experience the later issues that are not (yet) released in Germany thanks to this site. Great job!

To start things of, I thought that maybe this forum together could make a list of plot holes, scenes that are difficult to understand and loose endings and -so that it isn't pointless - possible solutions to it (without creating fanfics, of course). I thought that would be a good excuse to dig back into the issues again and find solutions for such things. So yeah, I'm starting off with some.

PKNA Special 1997: Missing:
I already found this one in a thread around here. In one of the short stories, the Raider appears, which is quite strange, because...
a) ... the story doesn't play before PKNA #0/2, because the Raider recognizes the (fake) Duck Avenger.
b) ... the story does not play between PKNA #3 and #14 because the Raider is arrested.
c) ... the story does not play before PKNA #3 (stated in Lyla's story)
d) ...  the story does not play between PKNA #14 and #33, because the time police thought they arrested him until PKNA #33. In "Missing", they clearly know they've captured the Raider though.

Possible Solution: It's safe to assume the authors simply didn't think about it. There are two possible solutions though:

a) The Raider has already lived through the events of PKNA #0/2, but not PKNA #3. After his arrest in #0/2, he somehow escaped. After that, he went on stealing in every time period. Then, the events of "Missing" happen. He is arrested again, escapes again and steals the Othership.

b) Between PKNA #14 and PKNA #33, the Raider is quickly noticed by the Time police, but isn't caught. The events of "Missing" happen and at some time, he somehow convinces the Time police to seem to be arrested again just like at the end of PKNA #14.

PKNA #10: Trauma:

When the Evronians are attacked at the beginning, you see a black silhouette of the Raider near one of the attackers. What he did and how he got there is unexplained.

Possible solution: In the same time period as the “Missing” event, the Raider attacks the Evronians. The reason is unknown.

(15 April 2014): Alternatively, it's simply a prisoner with a similar body shape.

PKNA Special 1999:

The plot at the end and the cliffhanger are not resolved:

Possible ending: The Xerbian got to the other Xerbian colony discovered during the Xadhoom trilogy.
The Evronian died in space.

(15 April 2014): PKNA #43, #47,#48:

Time traveling isn't possible anymore in #43, but it is in #47 and #48.

Solution: #43 was written after #47 and #48 and thus takes place after those, but before #49/50 (If...), making it the true final story of the first run and making "If..." much more simple to understand.

Do you guys have any other examples? I know there are a lot more, like the unresolved cliffhanger in issue #9 (the Evronian general that survived but was never seen again) etc.....

I will try to edit this post when other solutions are posted.

Last edited by donald57 on Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krozam

PostSubject: Re: Plotholes and loose endings   Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:14 am

Regarding #10, that's probably not Raider. Just some prisoner with a similar build.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
donald57

PostSubject: Re: Plotholes and loose endings   Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:17 am

Yeah, I came to that conclusion too, but it's still strange because he looks really similar and his face isn't shown at all unlike the other prisoners.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: Plotholes and loose endings   Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:36 am

After much thinking on my behalf I've come to realize what the problem is in issue #47 and 48

Time travel is bunk since #43

But wasn't it addressed by the PKTeam that the issues were ab it out of order around these numbers?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mistresseccentrical.tumblr.com
donald57

PostSubject: Re: Plotholes and loose endings   Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:23 pm

Yes, #43 was written after #47 and #48, IIRC.

I edited the first post, by the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: Plotholes and loose endings   Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:33 pm

Dude I didnt even realize that until now, I was so engrossed in the stories I just let it fly over my head, lol. If anything I got confused in #48 because of the whole time traveling back and forth between the One & Everett future, then Pk & Lyla past, if it werent for the more darker panels signaling the difference.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mistresseccentrical.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plotholes and loose endings   Today at 1:38 pm

Back to top Go down

Plotholes and loose endings
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1