HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Some questions concerning PK²

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
donald57

PostSubject: Some questions concerning PK²   Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:04 pm

Hello!

I recently decided to read Pk² again and noticed some things that were a bit unclear to me? Would anybody enlighten me Razz ? [Spoilers, obviously.]

There are two "big" questions I've got, the others are likely translation errors or small oversights, but if anybody knows anything, I'd still be grateful Wink

1. This is concerning the whole backstory, specifically what happened after Everett abandoned his "parents" on earth: What happened then? Everett obviously at some time transported his daughters to Ducklair Tower. But then? What did set off the alarm, making Everett leave Dhasam Bhul? How did Korinna end up in the Sewers as "Profunda"?
It's also never adressed what took Korinna so long to get in contact with Juniper again [after fleeing from Ducklair due to him discovering her identity as Profunda], instead going to babysit for no apparent reason whatsoever.

2. What was the point of the all the things Everett did when he returned to Duckburg, for example building a gigantic system of antennas when he just wanted to stop his daughters? Why gain control over Duckburg?

Small things:

- Everett mentions a "transmitter from Beijing" near the end of issue #1. What does he mean by that?

- In issue #7 , Everett has a plan that involves explosives (p. 46). Is it me or is that never adressed again?

- In issue #15, page 12, the Duck Avenger states that Everett used mind-controlling devices? How did he know that?

- What was the device Everett's scientists found on the north pole?

- In issue #15's flashback, Everett first introduces himself as Everett, but later as Zardoz.

- In issue #17, it isn't explained why Juniper and Korinna would need the help of Breeko and Birgit Q to fulfill their plan. They end up betraying them anway.

Also, on a side note, I'm a bit disappointed that the weapons the Duck Avenger got from Neopard at the end of #16 never were put to use.
Also, strangely, Tyrrel Duckard stayed in the 21st century while Lyla was forced to travel into the future due to the microcontraption.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
donald57

PostSubject: Re: Some questions concerning PK²   Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:41 pm

May I push this gently?
I really don't need complex answers, just a simple "the writers didn't think about it" would be enough Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Banker
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Some questions concerning PK²   Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:19 pm

It may be better to add in your questions here.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Headscratchers/PaperinikNewAdventures

Already are some answers to certain things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/LordofCorruption?feature=mhee
donald57

PostSubject: Re: Some questions concerning PK²   Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:32 pm

I'll do that, thank you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DuckSoup

PostSubject: Re: Some questions concerning PK²   Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:06 pm

donald57 wrote:
- Everett mentions a "transmitter from Beijing" near the end of issue #1. What does he mean by that?

I stumbled on these forums, read this topic and felt the urge to register just to answer this question... Very Happy
That quote is the literal translation of a wordplay! I'll try to explain: telekinesis in Italian is "telecinesi", which sounds like "tele cinesi", that is, more or less, "chinese television".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
donald57

PostSubject: Re: Some questions concerning PK²   Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:44 pm

Heh, thought it would be something like that. Thanks a lot!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some questions concerning PK²   Today at 1:42 pm

Back to top Go down

Some questions concerning PK²
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1