BETA

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

So this just showed up in the store...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr Blotling

PostSubject: So this just showed up in the store...   Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:19 pm

So yeah, a re-release of PKNA in 384 page digest/pocket format. Contains #0-2, three Angus side stories and the Gyro story from #0/1. Six issues per year (and with a nifty release schedule for the next two issues at the end) and at that page count it should total ~11 issues for the PKNA run and 4 issues for PK2. There's no PK files though. Goes for 85 SEK (~€9/$10). I'd guess it's available in other Nordic countries but I have no idea really. Yup, pretty exciting, I know!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: So this just showed up in the store...   Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:03 am

*Meanwhile, in America*

"You get the origins story, what the fuck even is PK?? LOLOLOL"

But that cover looks so cool!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mistresseccentrical.tumblr.com
DuckCat

PostSubject: Re: So this just showed up in the store...   Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:14 am

Hmm might buy it... Sadly there are no new stories, just old reruns. Also I hate pockets, they are small and breaks easily.

EDIT: Ok I bought it. I have not read it yet, maybe I will compare this with the ones here and see if I can find any errors. To be honest it sounds like a huge work through.

[ Daisy duck avenger ]

Also what the duck is this ***? Daisy as a superhero? Damn you Marco Rota I hate you (83.32% sure he wrote this). No but seriously I hate Daisy duck and want her gone forever. Let us just hope this is one of those front pages that does not have anything to with the content (eg. no Super-Daisy actually).

I have not read this and might most likely not do unless the pirates give it to me. Also I do not give a damn about this old time stories about Duck Avenger, why do they wrote those instead of PKNA? This give me so many questions through.
When did Daisy become a superhero?
Do she know about who Duck Avenger is?

Last edited by DuckCat on Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: So this just showed up in the store...   Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:32 am

Daisy's alter-ego was made not long after Paperinik was made; she was created to fight for feminists and give Daisy a badass characteristic as PK was created to make Donald be more badass.
Both heros know each other, but not their true identities, but do end up being romantically involved by accident since they already have chemistry as regular Donald and Daisy.
They don't like each other while in superhero form though -- a good example of them being rivals/hateful of one another, yet having romantic moments, are shown in Ultraheroes.

I like Daisy, the only reason no one likes her is because men mostly make her stories, and portray her as the woman everyone hates, but that is not even how her character truly is.
If writers, especially female ones, would just give her cool back stories and awesome AU comics (like how Donald got PKNA) people would love her and want to see more of her.
But no, we've got crap stories and gross 50s era woman stereotypes/tropes to define her character.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mistresseccentrical.tumblr.com
ankokudaishogun

PostSubject: Re: So this just showed up in the store...   Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:05 pm

Paperinika\Super-Daisy stories were HORRIBLE, as the males were ALWAYS shown as chauvinistic, incompetent assholes who don't think women can do anything by themselves... and Daisy and Genialina as always-right pricks.

Her Ultraheroes appearance was a VAST improvement of her portrayal.

As for Daisy... nobody likes Daisy. Not even the women.
At least Minnie did somehow manage to find her own niche as journalist, Daisy doesn't have anything. She's not even Donald's One True Love.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DuckCat

PostSubject: Re: So this just showed up in the store...   Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:29 pm

I kind of change my mind. Daisy Duck Avenger looks pretty awesome! Just need a good superhero name.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ankokudaishogun

PostSubject: Re: So this just showed up in the store...   Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:43 pm

why the change of mind, though?

For the name, Hen Avenger. Hen->Female duck.
Given her original name is just the feminization of Paperinik's name, it works IMHO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DuckCat

PostSubject: Re: So this just showed up in the store...   Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:31 pm

OT: Looks like they canceled the duck avenger pocket off. Well the pocket format sucked anyways, I would rather see an collection.

And I think the glasses are cool. Nah Hen Avenger is lame.What about Dark Hen? (New suit is def. needed)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ankokudaishogun

PostSubject: Re: So this just showed up in the store...   Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:22 pm

Paperinika is lame, too. So it works.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr Blotling

PostSubject: Re: So this just showed up in the store...   Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:56 am

DuckCat wrote:
OT: Looks like they canceled the duck avenger pocket off. Well the pocket format sucked anyways, I would rather see an collection.

Yeah, four issues and then poof, gone! Here's to hoping one can get a hold of the IDW edition instead!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So this just showed up in the store...   Today at 1:41 pm

Back to top Go down

So this just showed up in the store...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1