BETA

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hello, my name is...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Catacomb Kitten

PostSubject: Hello, my name is...   Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:22 pm

... Catacomb Kitten and I'm a pker. And very happy to have found a place where people understand me. (Nobody of my friends has ever been a fan of PK *sob*)

It seemed to me that this is the right place for a short introduction.
So, I've been a PK-fan since late 90s but unfortunately I live in Germany, so you can imagine what that means... (Nothing but the first fifteen issues for long years.) But things actually get better - thanks to the internet and all those nice people putting up scans and translations. You know who you are Wink

And since I'm here now, there is a good chance that I'm going to revive some of your old dusty threads where I feel like I could put in my two cents. There are surely some things I have to catch up on...

So, see you later guys!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: Hello, my name is...   Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:16 am

Hey, welcome to the forum! We're pretty off and on here, been truly, sorta, revived since the new PK series is and updates every six or so months.

Glad you can finally catch up to the issues you guys missed over in Germany! This is where I bitterly envy you, because over here in California we only have digital translations of the third, reboot, series, which only got up to, like, the 14th issue ; u ;

Theres also the Italian sites you can check out, with a translator if you don't know Italian, where the big discussions are. I like to check out those sites, poorly translated by google, because, man, are there some good discussions there!

If you also have a Tumblr, you can hit me up there, I talk alot of PK there alongside some my Italian friends, I'll be happy to fansqueal with you there too!

Have fun reviving our old threads!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mistresseccentrical.tumblr.com
Catacomb Kitten

PostSubject: Re: Hello, my name is...   Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:34 am

Thank you Wink Looking forward to see more activity here when the next PKNE part comes out!

I've been reading in the forums of Pk hack and La Tana del Sollazzo (only reading not writing since I'm only half fluent in italian yet)... and I follow the Facebook pages for Pikappa and PKNE (and some more). Anything else you can recommend?

I found you on tumblr Wink Already following you (my name there is katatonickitten). And as soon as I figured out how this whole reposting-and-commenting thing is working, you'll here from me there!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: Hello, my name is...   Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:35 am

The PKFanzone/, it's currently like this for forum in that they are off and on too currently, occasional posting for the new PKGiant reprints. It was the HQ for most Italians around the time of PK2 releasing back in 2002, the dude who found it used to help out a lot with translations and even translated a few extras. Reading up on their threads is pretty damn Choice for fangirling/boying, and collecting info that is not translated to English.

the forum of Paperserais a good place too for looking around in the forums about PK, or any Italian Donald Duck comic in general. It is very active there since they don't focus on just PKNA.

AND, YOOO, I WISH YOU COULD HAVE SEEN THE FANART WEBSITE! It went down, like, two years ago?? BUT YO, it had PRIME art from fanartists who also wrote fanfiction. They had like a few GREAT fanfiction writers, and some FINE ASS artists. Ritam (you can find her under that name on Deiantart too) was one of the best, she went on to become a comic book artist too. I regret not saving more of the fanart, I miss so much of it, not even the Wayback website can bring those lovely PNGs and JPEGs back.

I was able to save some requested art by the artists, like Sciarrone, that got posted there, which you can find one Tumblr under the PKNA tag.

As for tumblr, the whole thing is mostly reblogging posts and writing your comments in the Tags, because most bloggers like to reblog 'clean' posts of gifs, images, and what not. Commenting in the Tags is the usual, and also for keeping track of posts if your into that, like: tagging something as PK will make it easier for you, or anyone else, to find all your posts about PK by searching it up on your blog.

Now, commenting on a text, personal text or not, is usually okay. I mean, really, you can comment on anything you reblog, but you won't get much reblogs from other people, or get followers. Because people her pricks about that crap :/

But thats the gist of Tumblr, really. Reblogging asks prompts usually wont get you asks unless you've got some nice followers (especially when you make friends/mutuals with them), posting you own personal posts about things usually get likes from people who read and either care or like your words, and yeah.

A Tumblr 101 rant from me that no one asked for, lol.
Back to top Go down
Catacomb Kitten

PostSubject: Re: Hello, my name is...   Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:55 pm

Eccentric wrote:
the forum of Papersera is a good place too for looking around in the forums about PK, or any Italian Donald Duck comic in general. It is very active there since they don't focus on just PKNA.
Thanks for the suggestion, I had heard the name but not really read in the forum. Took a quick look around there... They have actually current threads about the old series, so I know where to spend more time until the next release Very Happy (besides from here, of course)

As for the fanart... so sad, one more thing I was too late for Sad And I love fanart and fanfiction, there should be a lot more... I saw your stuff on Archive of our own (that was yours, wasn't it?), so great! (I'll comment on that a bit more in the right thread when I find the time... right now I have to study for my exam next week, but THEN!)

And thanks for the tumblr explanation Very Happy Haven't been around there much, mostly to read the Texts from the Avengers posts, but I think I get it now...

And by the way, right now there is a nice little package on its way from Italy to me... well, not so little, actually. 20 kg of PK. The whole thing!! I'm so excited that I had to tell someone, so now I can calm down a bit Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: Hello, my name is...   Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:27 am

Yo, you bought all of PK? That is great! I would do the same if I had the ; u ; sadly I am poor, lol.

Now you get all those extras, like PKMail (if your getting the original issues and not some sort of reprint, which if you do, I hear Il Mito PK, Pk The Myth, is good).

When I DID have money a few months back, I was able to buy a few I loved most, like PKNA #5, #13, #22, and PK2 #4, #9, and one other PK2 issue I've forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Catacomb Kitten

PostSubject: Re: Hello, my name is...   Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:58 pm

Oh yes, and it arrived today and I'm so happy I could die Very Happy (although now I'm poor again as well... not the best timing right before christmas) It's the original issues including all specials and extras and I finally have this nice little calendar with Lyla at the beach on the cover Very Happy Maybe I'll buy some single issues of the new Pk Giant in the future, as it has a bigger format, but right now I have everything I need bounce Ok, except for a swedish issue of The Winds of Time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eccentric

PostSubject: Re: Hello, my name is...   Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:38 pm

The only reason to buy the PKGiant re-issues is for the covers and inside posters. The new cover for Portrait Of The Hero was so good, I had to get it.

Back to top Go down
DuckCat

PostSubject: Re: Hello, my name is...   Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:14 am

Hey Catacomb Kitten. This forum is mostly dead, not even Banker links to the forum from his blog, even if he created it. (?)

Not sure where everyone hangs out these days, maybe facebook? There are a duck avenger pages there. The Italian forums are nothing for me, if I write an answer there using any translator application I will sound like a brainless fool. So yeah, I guess you have to Italian to like duck avenger.

Thats pretty cool you got all the PK comics! And Lyla Lay calender? I hope it does not get any worse from that beach picture..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Catacomb Kitten

PostSubject: Re: Hello, my name is...   Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:54 pm

Yeah, it's sad that I missed the best times here... But I hope it's true that there will be some people returning for the next new story in spring. And apart from that I'm following all important pk pages on facebook which are a really good source of information.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Hello, my name is...   Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:33 pm

Nice, a fellow German Duck Avenger fan Smile. If you did not see it yet, the just released LTB Premium has five new (for Germany) PKNA stories.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.gaming-universe.de
Catacomb Kitten

PostSubject: Re: Hello, my name is...   Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:23 pm

I saw it Wink First thing I did on the release day was going to the nearest newsagent and buy it. And it made me very happy to see the next generation of German Duck Avenger fans growing up to do the same thing (namely some little boy of maybe ten or twelve years... I was very near to tell him that he could be looking forward to some of the best stories ever in this issue Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello, my name is...   Today at 1:39 pm

Back to top Go down

Hello, my name is...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Duck Avenger Forum :: Miscellaneous :: Random Discussions-
Jump to: